Sunday, September 24, 2006

Catching up on lost time.......

Unfortunately, I've fallen a bit behind on my blogging this past week. I've felt like I've been so busy that I kept not making the time for it. Worse still is that I still feel like there's a lot to do! My To-Do List (a.k.a. the sticky notes stuck onto my mirror) looks a little overwhelming right now. So, as much as it pains me to do this, I'm gonna have to combine all my thoughts on everything into one post.



So let's begin, shall we? The first short film we watched in class was "The Climactic Death of Dark Ninja"...and I must say, it was pretty doggone awesome. I mean, I'm sure that almost everyone in class can relate to the kids in the film on some level after the past couple of weeks, because I'm sure every group had something go wrong at some point or another. And if you're reading this thinking, "Hey, everything in our group went smoothly, not a single thing went wrong"....then please, whatever you do, don't tell me. My only comfort right now is knowing that misery loves company, and that surely, surely things had to have gone wrong with everybody's project at some point or another. Take that away from me and I just might break....haha, I'm only kidding of course. But still. I'd much rather be comforted by the thought that my group wasn't the only one that had troubles along the way, whether that thought is accurate or not doesn't really matter so much to me at this point.

Speaking of our short films, Tuesday is the big day, isn't it? I must admit, I really am curious to see how they all turned out. I'm also quite nervous, considering that my group still has some stuff to finish up...in one day...that's sure to be a long and stressful and painful day......but I'm sure we'll get it done. I hate cutting it so close to the last minute like this, but at this point, there's nothing else to be done about it.



Anyway, back to the films we watched on Thursday. The second one was "A Ninja Pays Half My Rent." That one, I thought, was also quite funny. Granted, unlike the first film, I was unable to relate to this one for obvious reasons. But at least whenever I start to wonder or get nervous or anything along those lines about my roommate's quirks and habits, I can stop, think back to this film, and know that it could be worse...much, much worse. And if for no other reason, that in itself is enough to make this film really grand in my mind.



Then last but not least, there was a film called "Loose Ends" (I think that's what it was called). It was the one about the two friends disagreeing about Star Wars. Honestly, I don't have much passion in the debate...I was never much of a Star Wars fan to begin with. I remember watching the originals when I was really little, and Jabba the Hutt terrified me beyond reason, so I've been scarred against Star Wars ever since. Though a little while back, I did break down and watch the original movie, and it was pretty decent. I will add that I really don't think that the newest of the Star Wars movies (the prequels...that's so funny how that works....) were all that great. The storyline seemed to suffer. Granted, out of the three recent ones, I've only really watched the third. I guess that would be...Episode 3. And after watching it, I pouted and ranted about how much I absolutely loathed it for days afterwards. So yeah, I suppose if I had to pick sides, I'd go with the people saying that the recent Star Wars movies are awful when compared with the old ones. But I really don't have much of a leg to stand on, I'm afraid.

At any rate, I suppose I should wrap things up here. I probably won't be making my way around to your other blogs tonight. I'll try to get around to doing so over the next couple days, but we'll see how that goes. In the meantime, I hope you'll all be able to find it in your hearts to forgive me. I do regret not having the time or mental awareness right now to read through entries and leave halfway intelligent remarks. Honest. So just consider this to be me, throwing myself at your feet, begging you for your pardon. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home