Thursday, October 26, 2006

Public Service Announcements

I haven’t felt much like blogging recently. Go figure. Something must be wrong with me…haha...

Anywho. My blogger’s instincts tell me that I should be aiming to write something profound that relates back to something we talked about in class. The only problem is that I don’t really have any profound thoughts about anything right now. So instead, I’m just going to try winging this and seeing what comes out of it. Seems like I’ve been doing that a lot, recently…

Right. So. Public Service Announcements. I honestly can’t say that they’ve had a grand impact on my life, at least not one that I can easily identify. I’ve never lived near a forest and fire has always freaked me out, so Smokey the Bear really didn’t need to tell me to prevent forest fires. And by the time I knew what drugs even were, my parents had pretty much instilled in me that they were also bad and that I should always stay away from them. But I suppose that just because I’m unable to see an impact doesn’t mean that it’s not there. And, even if my life hasn’t been drastically changed due to the affect of a PSA, I suppose that doesn’t mean that they don’t have their impact in society. They serve a purpose, and I’m sure they accomplish some good. So while they don’t strike me as particularly captivating, I guess there really is no need to complain about them, either.

That being said, I’m really excited about this project. First of all, it’s an animation project, so that right there has my attention. Secondly, my group chose a concept that’s very…um…interesting, and it definitely seems like we’ll be able to have some fun with it. I was so afraid that the other two group members would want to do something all serious and doom-and-gloom like, and I think—no, I know—that I would’ve gone crazy if I was stuck with something like that. Thankfully, however, it appears as though I will be able to avoid a trip to the mental asylum for at least a little while longer, which makes me very happy. Very happy indeed.

Well, this seems like a rather pointless post, doesn’t it? Oh well. I suppose even an obsessive blogger can’t have blogging masterpieces every time, can they? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home