Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"Feather Tale"

Fall Break is over. This saddens me.

Anywho. I suppose I should blog some about what we saw in class Thursday. I’ll begin with the animation that I really really really don’t want to blog about at all, but that Prof Leeper said he’d like to read what the girls in the class had to say about it: “Feather Tale.”



To be honest, I don’t want to have to think about this one at all. It made me feel...uncomfortable. Which, granted, it was probably meant to do that. To be 100% truthful, I don’t really know what to make of it. All I know is that afterwards I felt like I wanted to cover myself up in about a hundred layers of clothes and hide in my room. And I also know that I didn’t, nor do I currently, want to think about the deeper meaning behind it all. I’d much rather forget it and move on.

Though maybe this is the kind of effect it was supposed to have, at least to some extent. The animation was probably meant to make the audience feel uncomfortable. After all, the poor woman’s feathers are getting plucked off, leaving her…um…open…but not in a good way, in fact, it was more…unprotected…but even more than that, still. I don’t know how to describe it. I don’t want to know how to describe it.

Gah, this is really starting to mess with my head. Okay. Alrighty. I’m fine now. My point here is simply that even without spending time thinking about it, most viewers will probably be able to sense that what’s going on doesn’t seem right. It was definitely unpleasant to watch. The way in which it was executed was fine and well enough, but the subject matter just makes it rough. From my perspective, anyway. It could just be me, or the fact that I’m a girl, or…something. I don’t know. Alright, that’s it, I’m done now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home